|Required Education||B.Sc. Degree or HND (Upper Credit) in Accounting or Finance or other management course.|
|Gender||Male or Female|
- Profile customer’s risks to determine the acceptability in line with bank’s risk appetite.
- Analyze the financial status of the customer to ascertain repayment capacity
- Ensure that all terms and conditions of approval have been met, and all security documents are in place prior to disbursement.
- Ensure that all conditions precedent to drawdown (pre-disbursement conditions) are met.
- Ensure on-site inspection and monitoring of properties when necessary.
- Analyse customer credit choices critically.
- Understand highly geared customers and decide on the approval of their credit choices.
- Raise any relevant issues that is considered not well or sufficiently treated already and which therefore need to be addressed prior to disbursement in all areas from loan structure to collateral requirements.
- Understand a vast majority of business operations and their cash flows.
- Review documentation and loan applications critically.
- Monitor all loan applications in a timely manner.
- Ensure high quality and timely evaluation of credit risks on personal credit on both external and commercial loan application reviewed within turnaround time.
- Review credit requests, credit documents and collateral documents.
- Maintain Control and Custody of all Security Documents in conjunction with Legal Department.
- Prepare credit report for regulatory and other external bodies.
Perform credit status inquiry and interfaces with CBN Credit Bureau (CRMS) and other Credit Bureaus.
- Liaise with Credit Rating Agencies and provide credit related information required for the bank’s rating.
- Ensure that adequate and timely loan loss provisions are made based on actual and expected losses.
- Generate periodic reports to CBN and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Generate information on industry analysis and competitor activities.
- Communicate approval of all credits via the Disbursement Memorandum to the Branch Managers (BMs), branch Head of operations, Legal department and Internal Control, Treasury and other persons or office holders that may be required to receive the disbursement instruction.
- Ensure proper documentation of all incoming and outgoing document relating to credit facilities.
- Facilitate excellent relationships with all stakeholders in the credit value chain by maintaining high standards of quality service and effective support including provision of prompt, accessibility to branches, courteous and adequate feedback on all applications processed and other inquiries received.
- Critical Thinking.
- Knowledge of an Accounting/Credit ERP.
- Excellent IT and numerical skills.
- Excellent Analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports.
- Proficient in communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent business report writing skills.
- Strong management skills.
- A very good eye for details.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Play a key team player role and set & example to team and others contributing to the success of achieving a shared goal.
- Commitment: Manifesting a steadfast courageous and loyal commitment to the bank and the team.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources;
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate
judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Productivity: Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase quantity;
works quickly and effectively with minimal supervisory oversight.
**** Apply within two weeks from posting date.