|Other Requirements||3-5 years’ experience in Business Development|
This role for an individual who is responsible for researching and pursuing existing business leads for the growth of the business and already has a network in Lagos. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional inter-personal skills. The individual is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of an organization’s products/services.
- Implement a first-class media management program for the company such as increasing clientele by prospecting for and acquire new and financially viable high-volume customers
- Drive to increase revenue and develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations, examining risks and opportunities and estimating partners’ needs and goals
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Manage day to day relationships with supervisors, clients and other stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their needs
- Prepare and make effective service presentations to clients
- Conduct daily reporting to the CEO and ensure the structured process is met daily
- Evaluate potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financials.
- Oversee the smooth running and administration of the event center
- Perform financial administration (if applicable)
- Age Limit: Not more than 35 years old
- Must have a network of potential clients.
- Experience in Media Agencies/Sales is a plus
- Proven sales track record
- Proficiency in English, MS Office and CRM software
- Articulate with exemplary written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize high-value tasks, time management and project management skills
- Excellent people skills, ability to build rapport, business acumen and exemplary work ethic and integrity
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Key Performance Indicators
- New Business Secured
- Net Growth
- Prospecting Pipeline
- Revenue Increase
Barriers to Success
- Fear of Selling
- Lack of vision, clear sense of direction or goal
- Not managing time effectively
- Not managing the business development activity
- Lack of confidence
- Not understanding what activity is needed for a firm and for individuals
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Play a key team player role and set & example to team and others contributing to the success of achieving a shared goal.
- Commitment: Manifesting a steadfast courageous and loyal commitment to the company and the team.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Productivity: Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase quantity; works quickly and effectively with minimal supervisory oversight.
**** Apply within two weeks from posting date.